- About Us
- Everyday Services
- Contact Us
- Maintenance Tips
- How to save fuel
- How to change a flat tyre
- How to make your car battery last longer
- How to maintain your air conditioning system
- How to jump-start a battery
- How to spot worn tyres
- How to spot worn shocks or struts
- How to spot worn brakes
- How to wash your car the right way
- How to keep your car spick and span
How to wash your car the right way
Proper vehicle maintenance can help extend the life of your vehicle in the long run. Here are some tips to spruce up your set of wheels.
1. Wash your car at least once a week.
Dust, bugs, mud, grease spots and bird droppings can leave stains and damage the car paint if they are not washed off immediately.
2. Purchase good car wash soap.
Detergent or dish washing liquid contain harmful abrasives and additives that can strip off wax and damage your car’s paintwork.
3. Wash your car in the shade or when it is cool and wipe away excess water.
Washing in the hot afternoon sun may cause uneven drying to occur. This will result in the formation of residual streaks on your vehicle. Wiping away excess water with a clean terry cloth prevents watermarks from forming on the vehicle’s surface.
4. Wax your car at least twice a year.
Waxing helps to remove any paint oxidation and surface dirt, adds a protective coating over your vehicle, minimises or removes minor surface scratches, and gives a high-lustre finish to your car.