- About Us
- Everyday Services
- Contact Us
- Maintenance Tips
How to change a flat tyre
A flat tyre is one of the biggest inconveniences you can experience on the road. Here is what you should do:
1. Examine your surroundings. If you feel unsafe, call the local police for help.
2. Read your vehicle’s manual to locate your car’s spare tyre and jack kit. Take them out from your vehicle.
3. Check the spare tyre’s inflation level and inflate it or call a tow truck if necessary.
4. Block the other tyres to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
5. Locate the tyre iron in your jack kit. Use it to loosen, but not remove, the lug nuts on the flat tyre.
6. Using the jack, raise the corner with the flat tyre high enough to put the spare tyre on.
7. Remove the lug nuts from the flat tyre. Place the flat tyre on the ground beside you.
8. Put the spare tyre on the vehicle and replace the lug nuts. Do not tighten them yet.
9. Lower the vehicle by turning the jack in reverse.
10. Tighten the lug nuts to secure the tyre.
11. Head to your local Quick Lane Tyre & Auto Center for a replacement tyre. Spare tyres are not designed to handle high speeds for long periods of time. When on highways, keep your vehicle under 55 mph and turn on your hazard lights.