- About Us
- Everyday Services
- Contact Us
- Maintenance Tips
- How to save fuel
- How to change a flat tyre
- How to make your car battery last longer
- How to maintain your air conditioning system
- How to jump-start a battery
- How to spot worn tyres
- How to spot worn shocks or struts
- How to spot worn brakes
- How to wash your car the right way
- How to keep your car spick and span
How to save fuel
Proper vehicle maintenance helps extend the life of your vehicle. Here are some key services our factory-trained auto service technicians can perform to help boost your mpg and fuel economy.
1. We check your oxygen sensor.
Replacing a faulty oxygen sensor can improve gas mileage by as much as 40%.
2. We examine your air filter.
Replacing a clogged air filter can increase fuel efficiency by about 10%.
3. We give your engine a tune-up.
Making sure all your systems are operating at their best makes your engine 4% more fuel efficient.
4. We keep your tyres inflated.
Making sure your tyres are inflated to the proper pressure can improve your gas mileage by around 3%.
5. We provide top-grade motor oil from Motorcraft®.
Using motor oil that is right for your vehicle can improve fuel efficiency by up to 2%.
While Quick Lane’s services help improve fuel efficiency, here are some additional ways to squeeze a little more out of your gas dollars while on the road.
1. Activate cruise control.
Driving at an appropriate speed can improve your gas mileage by as much as 33%.
2. Remove excess weight.
For every 45kg of weight removed, fuel efficiency increases by 2%.
3. Turn off your engine when not in use.
Save fuel by turning off your engine when waiting in the car or truck.
4. Combine trips whenever possible.
Your engine works most efficiently when warmed up.