Maintenance isn’t just about having your oil changed every 15,000km or so, it is also about keeping your car’s interior spiffy.
Here are some tips for keeping your car’s interior in tip top condition:
1. Check your windscreen wiper blades for tears.
Do not wait until the rubber on the wiper blade has totally worn out or has become brittle before you choose to replace them. In addition, remember to make sure that the windshield washer fluid reservoir is filled up before driving off.
2. Vacuum the floor carpets and upholstery frequently.
Remove dirt, dried mud, leaves or sand that have been left behind by your passengers regularly.
3. Keep a stash of tissue paper and wet wipes on hand.
Should spills or stains ever occur, clean them up as soon as possible to prevent the formation of stains on your car’s upholstery.
4. Clean your leather seats.
Using a leather cleaner and conditioner prevents the leather on your seats from cracking.
5. Clean your upholstered seats.
Find the right cleaning foam or shampoo by checking for colour fastness — test it out on a small patch in an inconspicuous area. Finish off the cleaning with a protective layer.
6. Secure items displayed on car’s dashboard.
Keep loose or small items in the glove compartment, side pockets or other storage areas.